New ideas to revitalise the group’s activities in 2018 were called for after another successful year but one which saw a slight downturn. At a brief annual general meeting held at the Saracen’s Head near Erpingham in January, acting chairman Roger Willis said the past year had gone well overall although the flagship food festival had suffered a little from lack of numbers.
Notes of annual general meeting held at 7pm, on 16th January 2018, at Saracen’s Head, near Erpingham
Present: Jill Willis, Roger Willis, Mo Anderson-Dungar, David Harper, Maureen Harper, Giles Margarson, Sue Margarson, Patrick Prekopp, Lesley Prekopp, John Whatley (Film-making), Geoff Sadler, Wendy Sadler
Apologies: Richard Anderson-Dungar
Roger Willis took the chair for this meeting
1) Minutes of the last meeting, 2017, were approved
2) Review of 2017 year
- Roger ran through the year’s main events – Burn’s Night, Cookery Demonstrations (actually Citislow, but organized by Slow Food), High School Family Learning Day, Aylsham Show, Food Festival. All went well’ the Food Festival was down on numbers and lost a little money.
- 2018 Burns Night due soon but was slow on ticket sales – only a dozen or so at present – and Roger warned that he feared cancelling.
- Slow Food was without a Chairman in 2017, solved by a volunteer at each meeting. Roger proposed that this not be continued and proposed Patrick Prekopp as Chairman. Patrick agreed, and all present elected him.
- David Harper remains as Secretary and Annette Palmer as Treasurer, both are willing to continue.
4) 2018 Food Festival
- A discussion was held about this, as several members felt it was becoming predictable in its form and new ideas were needed. No conclusion was reached but it was agreed that all members would write to the new Chairman with ideas.
5) Next ordinary meeting
- Agreed to hold this at Patrick Prekopp’s house, 7.30pm, February 19th
- There was no other business; the meeting plus guests enjoyed a fine meal and afterwards all spoke with the chef, Mark Sayers and complimented him.